Ros Davies B.Sc, Grad. Dip. Emp Rel
Ros is an energetic leader with over 20 years experience in establishing and building organisations as well successfully implementing organisation improvement programs ensuring alignment between strategy, process, policy, technology and people. Thrives on the challenge of developing capability of people and teams, improving organisations, business processes, leveraging technology and work performance to ensure organisational success.
Amongst her huge list of achievements is the following:
RailCorp/Sydney Trains – Senior Program Lead
- Lead program of work that included organisational redesign and management restructure as part of Fixing the Trains reform program. Delivered approved business cases, staff/union consultation and program of works being implemented
- Identified improvements in logistics and supply chain processes approximately $22M
- Lifted operational performance to reflect private industry including roster reforms, changed reporting and performance analytics
- Successfully defended Program before Fair Work Australia – test case of the application of the new Sydney Trains Enterprise Agreement and associated Deed
- Program governance and reporting included championing visual management processes against KPIs in all operational areas
- Process mapping and contributing to integrated business systems for Fleet Maintenance
- Facilitation of workshops, presenting at mass meetings, design and implementation of key improvement programs
- Program of initiatives expected to deliver ROI of $54M
Westpac Oracle HR and Payroll system – Implementation Lead.
- Influenced behaviours of 24,000 employees in processing people and payroll information
- Delivered in a complex organisation with significant stakeholder management through senior management and human resource teams and engaging directly with staff groups
- Established project governance and methodologies
- Communication strategy and key messages for all of bank plus targeted communication for each line of business
- Learning – developed on-line learning, detailed “how to” guides and simulations for all employees. On line provision was enhanced by face to face training, documentation and familiarization sessions for core users
- Passwords issued to 24000 employees along with a “getting started pack”
- Documentation of business processes particularly in payroll area including “as is” and the “to be” mapping
- Preparation of Business – included rewrite of employee policies and guidelines, updated induction program, learning management system changes and advising recruitment agencies of changes to on-boarding.
- Over 60% of bank undertook month 1 activities within first 7 days of Go Live.
Finance Transformation including merger of Westpac and St George – Change and People Director
- Lead multiple improvement streams including off-shoring finance operational roles, process mapping and improvement, reporting, governance and successful Day 1 merger activities
Money Solutions Pty Ltd Chief Operating Officer
- Jointly developed business plan, obtained $1.5M funding and established on-line financial services education business
- Lead operational design and process flows, database design, telecommunications requirements, coaching model and scripting, led facilities selection and physical fit out as member of executive with joint venture partner, Australian Administrative Services.
- Services adopted by superannuation funds including REST as value added service for fund members
- Business analysis, scoping and project management of IT, architecture and infrastructure requirements including customer centric database, reporting specifications, cost, revenue and profit tracking
- Detailed project control and contract management with third party providers for IT, call centre, facilities and web build
- Company successfully launched 9 months from initial funding including the recruitment and establishment of key staff
Qantas Information Technology Ltd – GM Corporate Services
Appointed to the executive of the IT subsidiary of Qantas Airways Limited with responsibility for promoting corporate identity, aligning business strategy and people, internal and external public relations/communication, human resource management and development, business planning, facilities management including disaster recovery data centres, IT recharge system, marketing, PR, research and IT desktop purchasing.
- Lead the establishment of Qantas Information Technology Limited as a customer centric, price competitive subsidiary of Qantas Airways Limited
- Lead the people initiatives for the Qantas Initial Public Offer and resulting merger with Australian Airlines IT division with no union activity, 100% acceptance of job offers that required people to move to 3 year contracts and completed 18 months ahead of the rest of Qantas
- Reshaped the organisation through 4 major restructures including retrenchments of between 8% and 15% of the workforce without industrial disputation. Through these major changes productivity was improved or maintained with emphasis on reworked processes and job redesign
- Implemented innovative people strategies that resulted in attrition rates 15-20% below competitors in IT market. Achieved with support of Australian Services Union, staff associations and assessed through improved measures such as engagement, understanding corporate strategy, satisfaction with line managers and communication
- Facilitated strategic business planning that lead to the resolution of key technical conflicts that arose as a result of the merger
- Developed and directed the setting of business performance targets and participated in business planning and strategy determinations to ensure work priorities and personal objectives are in line with business direction. Performance appraisals were conducted for 100% of eligible staff year on year. Success of this development was measured by the inclusion of performance related bonuses and no guaranteed salary increases for senior staff in EBA
- Industrial and employee relations reforms through award restructure driving industrial agenda, changed employment contracts and policy improvements
- Headed the IT Chargeback function for Qantas that included revenue recovery of $112M p.a. including $15M from non Qantas customers
- Integrated desktop purchasing across Qantas world-wide with achievements including reducing delivery and order turn-around time whilst delivering 10 – 15% reduction in approximately $32m spend p.a.
- Optimised utilisation of property for IT Staff at Qantas including moving all staff from CBD to Mascot with no discernible increase in attrition for three years
- Industrial and employee relations reforms through award, employment contract, performance management and policy improvements
But wait, there’s more…. so much more! Contact us if you’d like to find out more about Ros or any of our other “grey hair”, highly experienced consultants.