Ron Switzer (B.Com, FCPA, CA, GAICD)
Ron’s certainly been around the professional block and has observed plenty of good (and not so good) practice during his career. This is invaluable to our clients as it can help fast-track process improvements and avoid costly mistakes. Ron’s professional experience encompasses accounting, finance, strategic planning, governance, operational reviews, audit & risk management, general business consulting and facilitation; training. He specialises in the small-to-medium enterprise, public and not-for-profit sectors.
2015 – Current Professional Activities & Appointments
- Ron currently consults to the not-for-profit sector; principally in areas such as strategic planning, governance, benchmarking and operational reviews.
- He is the Chair (Independent member) of the Audit Committee for North Sydney Council
- He is also the Chair (Independent member) of the Audit Committee for Eastern Sydney Medicare Local
- He is an independent member of the Audit Committee for the Institute of Public Works Engineers Australasia (IPWEA)
- He is a Director (Management Committee) and the Treasurer of the Indigo Foundation: an Australian community development organisation providing assistance to marginalised communities in Australia and abroad.
- He is a Director for Diabetes Counselling Online: an online facility for people living with all types of diabetes, their families and friends.
- He is the President and Treasurer of Primrose Park Arts & Crafts Centre Inc (North Sydney community crafts centre): a facility for community art and craft groups in the North Sydney Council area.
- He is the proprietor of “Pinelodge” in Marulan, NSW: a primary production and forestry enterprise.
Previous Professional Background
- 2009-2014 Casual lecturer / tutor – University of Sydney in ‘Accounting Principals’, ‘International Corporate Governance’, ‘New Business Opportunities and Startups’, Contemporary Issues in Auditing’, ‘Management Accounting and Decision Making’, ‘Accounting in Business & Society’
- 2011-2012: Consultant to 44Gallons re the development and presentation of the Small Business Online Program; a program supported by Auslndustry under the Federal Government broadband initiative focused on the training of SME’s to adopt e-business. The program encompasses, Internet awareness, e-commerce, web site building and associates business development, marketing and business principles.
- 2000-2010: General Manager, NSW Division CPA Australia. With 35,000 members the NSW Division was responsibilities included; relationship management and business development, providing member networking opportunities, member services and support for the NSW Divisional Council, regional Branches, committees and member groups. Other positions held within CPA Australia included Director Corporate Sector, acting Director Malaysia and European Branches and representative on the ASX Corporate Governance Council.
- 1994-1998: CFO in the Insurance and subsequently Information Technology industries. These roles included strategic financial management, business development support, oversight of significant investment portfolios, implementation of new computer-based accounting systems, strategic IT direction, human resources, corporate marketing and facilities management.
- 1978-1994: Public accounting practice as a partner with KPMG (1979-1994) with responsibilities in audit, private business, government consulting, personnel, training, technical auditing and accounting development.
Now that’s impressive! Contact us if you’d like to find out more about Ron or any of our other “grey hair”, highly experienced consultants.