Geoffrey Kettle JP, MAICD
Geoff is the former Mayor for the Goulburn Mulwaree Council. For decades, he was a dedicated government leader with a proven track record of driving real progress, bringing together diverse individuals, implementing effective new processes and a successful regional champion. Given his extensive hands-on experience and proven achievements, Geoff brings an immense wealth of value to GRC’s clients.
Amongst a multitude of things, Geoff’s background includes the following:
- Council’s Spokesperson on all media enquiries
- Ex-officio on all internal Council Committees & represents Council on Community Consultative Committees including Correctional Services, Peppertree Quarry, Holcim Quarry, and Gunlake Quarry.
- Chair of the Highlands Source Project Working Group, overseeing all aspects of the project including the initial tendering, land acquisition, construction and restoration, and delivering project on time and within budget guaranteeing Goulburn’s long term water security.
- Chair the Committee charged with preparing the business case to develop an Archival/Collections/Digitisation/Storage Hub and Government De-Centralisation Project intended to leverage Goulburn’s location and economical advantage to attract public/private investment.
- Secured the relocation of businesses to Goulburn, including Macarthur Grange Brewing (150 full time local jobs) and a multi million dollar redevelopment of Marian College into a 700 seat convention centre, restaurant precinct, shop top serviced apartments and a strata title unit development.
- Created and Chair a Coalition of Councils between Sydney & Melbourne (including the ACT Govt) to lobby both State and Federal Government, in conjunction with the Australasian Railway Association, for the implementation of a High Speed Rail link along the east coast of Australia.
- Meet with all Community stakeholders including Police, Ambulance, Fire & Rescue NSW, NSW RFS, NSW SES, NSW Corrective Services, NSW Southern Local Health District, Base Hospital & Bourke Street Health Service, Goulburn’s Aged Care Facilities, Primary & High School Principals, Service Clubs, NGO Community Service providers and local Church leaders.
- Develop and leverage a sense of real connectivity between Local Government, the Community and all the above stakeholders including chairing of annual Community Outreach meetings in villages throughout the Local Government Area and attend, both city and village community group meetings.
- Led Goulburn’s successful 2013 150th Birthday Celebrations, attracting visitors from both interstate and overseas including Her Excellency Professor the Hon Marie Bashir AC CVO, Governor of New South Wales, the Hon Barry O’Farrell MP, (the then) Premier of New South Wales, the Rt Reverend Stuart Robinson, Bishop of Canberra & Goulburn and many other current & former MP’s, Mayors, Councillors and Clergy.
- Attracted such events as a NRL Trial matches, Ray Hadley’s Continuous Call Team, The Edwardian Rag Time dance and many other conferences and functions to Goulburn Mulwaree.
- Coordinate with local Members of Parliament the Chief Minister of the ACT and his Department regarding the Canberra Region Joint Organisation, Minister’s of the Crown, Departmental Directors’ General, Regional Development Australia South East, Regional Development Australia ACT and various other Government and Non Government Organisations.
- Successfully developed Goulburn Mulwaree, into strong and vibrant region and poised for positive and sustainable growth well into the future.
Apart from all of this, he’s a great bloke too! Contact us if you’d like to find out more about Geoff or any of our other “grey hair”, highly experienced consultants.