The NSW Department of Communities & Justice has advertised a Sydney-based position for Director, Special Counsel.
The Special Counsel role is responsible for providing advice and advocacy to the Department in relation to Inquiries and Housing. The main focus areas of this role include:
* Providing authoritative advice and representation of the Department in Housing matters and the prosecution of Housing offences;
* Acting as Counsel Assisting in coronial inquests and inquiries; and
* Representing the Department in Courts, Tribunals and Commissions of Inquiry including Royal Commissions and Special Commissions of Inquiry.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* Highly developed legal skills and extensive experience which enables the provision of advice and representation in highly complex or important matters;
* Proven record of achievement in providing complex legal advice and solutions to senior professionals and stakeholders and achieving positive outcomes;
* A current unrestricted practising certificate as an Australian legal practitioner under the Legal Profession Uniform Law; and
* A Working with Children Check clearance under the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
The total remuneration package is advertised as $194,451 – $217,505. If you are interested, you have until 3 June 2020 to apply.
For more information about the role and a detailed role description, please click here