The Fair Work Commission undertakes a four-yearly review of all modern awards. 2020 falls within the four-year cycle and, this time, the new modern awards will be released in three tranches.
The first of these three tranches will commence in the first full pay period on or after 4 February 2020. It includes the following awards:
* Banking, Finance and Insurance Award
* Legal Services Award
* Market and Social Research Award
* Real Estate Industry Award
* Surveying Award
Dates for the second and third tranches are expected to be released soon.
* Identify what awards apply to them
* Check which tranche they are included in
* Review them for changes and areas of actual or potential non-compliance
* Update systems and documents such as payroll and employment agreements accordingly
* Educate relevant personnel about the new rules and minimum legal requirements.