The Industrial Relations Commission of New South Wales has directed all employers covered by the Local Government (NSW) Award 2017 to produce copies of training plans and training budgets for the financial year ending 30 June 2019, to assist the parties in dealing with some of the amendments sought by the unions in the new award.
In particular, clause 31(iii)(a) of the Award places an obligation on councils in the following terms:
The employer shall develop a training plan and budget consistent with:
* The current and future skill requirements of the employer.
* The size, structure and nature of the operations of the employer.
* The need to develop vocational skills relevant to the employer and the Local Government industry.
These must be sent by no later than 4:00pm 31 January 2020 via post to:
Industrial Registrar re Case No: 2019/258837 – LG (State) Award
Industrial Relations Commission of New South Wales
PO Box 927 Parramatta NSW 2124
The documents or things that must be produced are:
* the employer’s training plan required by subclause 31(iii)(a) of the Award; and
* the employer’s training budget required by subclause 31(iii)(a) of the Award for the financial year ending 30 June 2019.